Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
They can be run with the stock wiring. The reason for upgrading the wire is with the upgrade your headlights will be running direct off the battery and just using the old headligt connection as a trigger for the realays. You get much better voltage this way and gives any light about 20 percent more light output
I have the GOS wiring harness and the Silverstars. It is a little brighter then stock. If I had it to do over again I would not of wasted money on that junk. I bought a 55 watt HID set from Retro Solutions and it is literally a night and day difference!.....NO JOKE!!!!!!! I will post of pics ASAP.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have the GOS wiring harness and the Silverstars. It is a little brighter then stock. If I had it to do over again I would not of wasted money on that junk. I bought a 55 watt HID set from Retro Solutions and it is literally a night and day difference!.....NO JOKE!!!!!!! I will post of pics ASAP.
The 9007 Silverstars and running the lights at battery voltage instead of the factory 12 will double the light output. This was posted years ago by a guy on tds that was in the lighting business and tested with a light meter. The newer UltraStar bulbs are slightly better. That said, I have ridden in sarnall's truck with retro 4300's and the light was much brighter. Without spending a significant amount of highway time I can't vouch as to whether or not the additional scatter would cause a problem. I was impressed enough to want to try them. Additionally, I live on flat ground and have adjustable air in the rear and use that to fine adjust depending on driving conditions.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Silverstars are good bulbs..not as bright as the Hella 80/100w's that I sell but thats to be expected as they are std wattage. Adding our USA made harness will insure full batt-Alt voltage, will increase the output and keep from melting the factory wiring. Added benefit is removing the amp draw from the factory dash switch.

Cary

·
Registered
254 Posts
So I got the 4300K HID kit from Retro Solutions and let me tell you they are pretty awesome!

Here are some pics, but they dont really do the lights justice. Let me know what you guy think.

Attachments

·
Registered
878 Posts
Warning follow crowz advice on aiming...You'll want them on all your rides they are bright as hell....Me have 4300k 55w bi

·
Registered
254 Posts
Warning follow crowz advice on aiming...You'll want them on all your rides they are bright as hell....Me have 4300k 55w bi
I did and I have yet to get anybody flashing me when I have my low beams on.

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
I love my retro-solutions 4300 k's . none of the problems guys are listing , do know that the obs housings suck with certain HID kits .

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
i hate to hijack but how could i put hid's in my recons(POS!) on a 2010 f250, or really im wondering if it would be worth it

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
yea, i do... recons are ok, just been one of those pain in the ass with cusomer support, can keep bulbs from blowing (bulb lube?), and they are being a pain to get adjusted right.

They look AWESOME, but now its to the point where they JUST look awesome, i dont really know much about HID, other than you cant just hook up the bulbs and it be right

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
yea, i do... recons are ok, just been one of those pain in the ass with cusomer support, can keep bulbs from blowing (bulb lube?), and they are being a pain to get adjusted right.

They look AWESOME, but now its to the point where they JUST look awesome, i dont really know much about HID, other than you cant just hook up the bulbs and it be right
They take the H1 bulbs in them, right? We can set you up with what you need. Just shoot us a PM or EMAIL

·
Registered
143 Posts
Good timing on this! needed new bulbs...going with the retro solutions!

what is the difference from the slim and regular?

·
Registered
878 Posts
I dont care what anybody says negative against retro's but these damn lights lay it down...Absolute zero probs have ran over a year now 55w bi-xenon with slim balast..You will not out shine these bulbs but maybe with a high end projector housing none of which are made for these trucks....I have never used the high beams as the lows out shine my lil mazda and wifes nitro together...Quality kit with an unbeatable price hands down cause if you live in the woods you gotta have light the 4300k is it!!!!!!!!!

41 - 60 of 67 Posts