Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the brightest lights besides going hid ? I have looked at the hella and silverstars but would like some opinions on the brightest ones without that blue look .

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Silverstar ultras with the wiring kit from GOS performance mine are pretty damn bright just need new lenses .

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A buddy of mine has those in his dodge they are bright . How much differance did the wiring kit make ?

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
A buddy of mine has those in his dodge they are bright . How much differance did the wiring kit make ?
Wiring kit takes the load off the switch an instead puts it on two relays and gives you full battery voltage to the headlights ,and it pretty much plug an play. I hate HIDs on sh!t that is not meant to have it ,reminds me of the euro trash wanna bees ! But thats my 2 pennies . ;)

·
The Stig
1,614 Posts
HIDs in 4300k, no blue at all, just White Light. 100% better than any Halogen on the market, IMO.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I dont like that blue look really . The retro solutions kit they say is really good if you go with the lower kelvin ratings which I actually think are brighter . I'm doing to much as it is I dont need to be buying light kits ( I really need a converter ) . I have the whole front end off and the motor out and bought some new lenses so wanted to put in the brightest plug and play .

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Great till one of them burns out, then what ? Your screwed you cant just pop any ol bulb in an go guess thats the practicle side of me talking as I work in a parts house an see a bunch of folks come in an want replacement bulbs some of them bitch about replacement cost.
Jeeze went to replace one on an infinity the other day had to tell the lady driving it sorry maam I have to disassemble the front (grill an bumper) of your car to replace a damn headlight.

·
The Stig
1,614 Posts
if mine goes out, i unplug harness and plug in stock bulb and can be back on the road in about 2 minutes flat. I carry my stock bulbs under my back seat in case of issues. So far though, in 7k miles i've had zero issues.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Ok did not know you could do that with HIDs I have seen the guys in the Scion club here do the hid thing an I was under the impression they took special bulbs. I guess you are sying you unplug the transformer and all and go back to the reg. system???

·
PSD
958 Posts
Get HIDs there all the same.... Ebay has them for like $80 included shipping.

I got them... there at least 3x brighter then hibeams are.

Well worth it!! And looks way better to on coming traffic.

6000k 9007 Bulb HID

·
Senior Veteran Member
937 Posts
Cool info- I will check out HID's for my truck. Silverstar now and polished the lenses with polishing compound. 200% better after that. I work in a foreign car shop and those bulbs and amplifiers/transformers are outrageous in price and noit every place carrys the specific bulb.. I would carry 2 spares. Also you are supposed to replace in pairs as they become a little dimmer with age which you see when only replacing 1.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Best bulbs are Hella 80/100w 4K kelvin. I sell them with a 12ga made in the USA harness.

Problem with Hids is light scatter as no one makes a housing designed for hids...which require different focus, thats why none of the Hid manufactures will sell retrofit kits just resellers.

If you would like priceing on Hellas please PM.

Cary

·
Cowboy Up
283 Posts
Silverstar ultras with the wiring kit from GOS performance mine are pretty damn bright just need new lenses .
How much is the harness and can you post a link to GOS performance?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I got the sylvania super stars and there bright as hel I just need to get some clear lens for them to work well. I think HIDS look like hell in obs. Hids are only good if they come from the factory with them cause my moms navigator ones are sweet with the high beams on.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
How much is the harness and can you post a link to GOS performance?
Look in the sponsor section they used to be a sponsor I think ??? If not google is your freind :D

I paid like 65 bucks for my harness 3 yrs. ago.......

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Best bulbs are Hella 80/100w 4K kelvin. I sell them with a 12ga made in the USA harness.

Problem with Hids is light scatter as no one makes a housing designed for hids...which require different focus, thats why none of the Hid manufactures will sell retrofit kits just resellers.

If you would like priceing on Hellas please PM.

Cary
I was thinking the retro kits were ok in cars like my xB but not in older stuff like the trucks like you said they scatter .

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
1 - 20 of 60 Posts