Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one was painted for an 05 upgrade on dalpilot's truck. I think it's gonna look sweet as a red Harley clone.

·
Rollin' Coal
291 Posts
Thanks for posting that picture Rich. I'm now going to do that for mine and wondered what it would look like painted red.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
This one was painted for an 05 upgrade on dalpilot's truck. I think it's gonna look sweet as a red Harley clone.

I always liked that look. I wanted to stick that on my truck, but the airbrush work makes it hard to change it out... LOL

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Does the center section (chrome) come out like a regular grill? Just curious, i am considering a harley grill in the future, would be same red color but i would want to have the chrome be painted or powdercoated black...

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
No, I think it is either a true Harley grille that is paintable around the outside. Or it is a chrome package grille that was sanded and prepped for paint around the outside. It should be one piece.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This one was an OEM Harley grille. I popped out the center before it was painted.
Same with my black one...the insert was removed and painted black...it's OEM HD also.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
No, I think it is either a true Harley grille that is paintable around the outside. Or it is a chrome package grille that was sanded and prepped for paint around the outside. It should be one piece.
This one was an OEM Harley grille. I popped out the center before it was painted.
Same with my black one...the insert was removed and painted black...it's OEM HD also.

So the center section pops out like a regular trim (xl, lariat, etc.) grill would?

·
Registered
3,432 Posts

How do those Harley grilles come apart? I am just curious. I always thought they were one piece.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They just snap together around the edge. Takes about 10 minutes with a flathead screwdriver to separate them.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just went outside and checked a buddy's stock 06 truck with the chrome package...his grille is 2 piece also. The center section pops out.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Sweet, thanks!

Good to know, thanks! yea, a setup like that harley grill would be BA on your truck

I would love to stick one on there but it would probably look funny between the hood and the grille, since one is read and the other has flames. It has always been on the back of my mind... LOL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts