Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a thread or how to R&R front disks and pads on the OBS?

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
pads are about as easy as they get, take off the tire, jack it up, jack stand, hard ground yada yada yada. theres a 7/8 iirc bolt on the top and bottom of the caliper that holds it to the bracket. slide the caliper off, slide out the pads, put the new slide clips on, new pads. reinstall caliper and your golden. if you want to take the rotors off you have to remoce the 4x4 hubs to remove them, i havnt done that yet so i dont know somebody will chime in

i would assume 4x4 rob, he is in alaska

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
pads are about as easy as they get, take off the tire, jack it up, jack stand, hard ground yada yada yada. theres a 7/8 iirc bolt on the top and bottom of the caliper that holds it to the bracket. slide the caliper off, slide out the pads, put the new slide clips on, new pads. reinstall caliper and your golden. if you want to take the rotors off you have to remoce the 4x4 hubs to remove them, i havnt done that yet so i dont know somebody will chime in

:whs: Ive done it more than i need to :doh:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
969 Posts

Ummm, I think you meant jack it up then take off the tire:poke:

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Hey anyone who has worked on a powerstroke knows you need to take breaks when working on them. We call that beer down time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts