Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
brandon
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My break controller took a dump. So I need to get a new one and was wondering which one i should get? Mine is getting power but not sending any, it is a BT brake mate.

·
Registered
200 Posts
maxbrake!

·
Registered
531 Posts
BrakeSmart.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Genisis, the best I've ever used.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have tried several different ones. Brakesmart is by far the best and most reliable. There is no need to adjust it from one trailer to the next. Yes I cut a hole big enough for the wire to go thru in the back of Cubby hole. It was such a good fit that I did not have to use any fasteners to hold it in place. Fits flush with dash and hasn't moved in the last 19K.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
The genisis has an inertia device that senses the stopping force of the truck and sends more voltage to the trailer. All digital, set it up once and use it for all my trailers. Maybe the same setup as the brakesmart. I don't know. But I love mine. Pulling a 12K+ toyhauler down some 6-9 mile 6% grades it works nice.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Brakesmart uses a Hydrualic sensor on master cylinder, so therefore it always knows when your trying to stop. If you pull heavy loads often ( BrakeSmart or Maxxbrake) is the only way to go. I have tried several Timed, inertia, ect. They are fine for light loads. But when your loads exceeds truck weight, interia can't sense truck brakeing due to load pushing truck. The last one I had was a Prodigy P3, that thing like to got me killed. I am glad I purchased the Brake smart.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
My trailer is 12K+ loaded and I haven't had any problems with the genisis.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I have a voyager that I think is going bad? sometimes it works sometine not all on the same trip but if i ajust it it is ok for a while.any ideas? but the red LED is working like it should.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts