Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems as if my 2008 6.4l is particular about The fuel I put in it. I only use brand named diesel but each of them causes differences in mileage and performance. My truck likes Exxon/Mobil and bp/amoco the mileage is good and the performance is up. When I fill with Shell,Chevron, or Racetrack the mileage goes down and the truck feels sluggish. I've tried many locations and the same holds true. Has anyone experience this? My friend with a 6.7 cummins can fill anywhere and his truck runs no differently why is that?

·
1,097 Posts
Since all the fuel in a given area comes from the same refinery, refined to the same standards, I don't see how fuel brand could possibly matter.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Mine seems to clank more with exon and less with shell

·
Registered
62 Posts
I get about 10% less mileage with exxon vs shell.

·
Registered
626 Posts
hey fellas, I drove my buddies 99 dually 1000 miles this weekend here in Texas...not very far actually....but the mileage really suffered with Exxon fuel. Normally I put Valero in mine but we were in Cisco TX and it was Allsups or Exxon. Boo on Exxon.

·
Registered
708 Posts
All I run is Exxon fuel on my 7.3 and average 18.2 mpg unloaded on the highway with PHP tunes

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I try to only get fuel at a shell near the house that has 45 cetane and the truck likes that the best. There is another shell right down the street from them with 45 and if I get fuel there I loose about 3-4 miles a gallon. There gas is the same way.

I had my buddy that has a Dodge try the fuel at the one I like and he said his mileage went up about 2mpg. Everywhere else around me has 40 cetane and truck doesn't seem to run as smooth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts