Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought an 08 6.4F350 I’ve never had a diesel or a ford, I’ve always had Silverados but I needed a bigger truck and there was way more that appealed to me from the superduty than a 2500hd. I’m just wondering what kind of preventative maintenance I should be doing, things that will help the truck, and just things to look out for and do in general. It has had the radiator recall done, and I believe the egr and dpf delete has been done, but I don’t really know what I’m looking for there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
What kind of miles? Does it have a tuner module somewhere on the dash? Look under the truck along the exhaust under the passenger door. Is there about 4 feet of a gigantic steel canister with a bunch of sensors sticking out all over it? If that's there then it probably wasn't deleted. If you bought it from a dealer it definitely probably all got replaced and reflected in the sticker price. Now you can rip it all off again to delete/tune it right.

Hopefully the truck spent it's life deleted, otherwise..... uh oh.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has 170k, no tuner on the dash, it doesn’t have that big exhaust piece you mentioned. It feels like it has been tuned at some point because it’s on 35s and still gets up and goes pretty quick, 18mpg avg.

·
Administrator
32,939 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts