Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm spread a little thin after buying the new MegaCab, and tax day is right around the corner. Trying to free up some cash to pay off Uncle Sam :eek:

Borg Warner S480 with JD race cover PN 177287
80mm x 109mm ETT compressor wheel, 96mm x 87mm turbine, 1.32 A/R T6 turbine housing

I just recently bought this turbo, so it's got the remainder of the 1yr manufacturer's warranty.

$1100 shipped obo :eek:

thanks,

Forrest Nearing

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
doubting this turbo would light very well with a manual trans and 300/400's, but this would mount up to an H2E kit right? not sure what ppl are doing to mount the S300's and S400's. thanks

·
Registered
391 Posts
This would probably require the t4 mount like i had to use with my s400

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
You would need a T6 mount.
Or get a T4 housing machined to fit the 88ex wheel like on mine. Or T4i.

If it had a flanged comp housing I'd definitely be interested, then it would drop right in place of my nearly identical S476. :evil

Good luck with the sale though.

Dave

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I would like to have it for a large atmospheric turbo, not sure if i can swing it, ill let you know, good luck to you though.
Shoot son, with a small 0.90 exhaust housing you could use it as a single on your truck, similar to Uncool.

Dave

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can upgrade it to the Bullseye "custom" v-band race cover for ~$150, I'll have to check. MIGHT be able to "downgrade" it to the standard non-race V-band for no charge.

You'd have to have something serious to run it as a single! :eek:

It would be a great atmospheric charger in a twin setup, and yes, it's a divided T6 turbine housing. I can get a T4 housing for it, but they're pricey

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
what size inlet? as in, its a race cover means it meets smaller rules right?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"race cover" is just a larger A/R compressor housing... it's just one of those buzzword phrases that caught on :eek:

I'm not sure what the inducer bore size is, but an 80mm wheel is 3.14", so the bore will be larger than that. I know some guys are bushing them or running them wide open at brush pulls

hth,

Forrest

1 - 11 of 11 Posts