Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope I can get some help I have a 2001 Ford F-250 super duty looking to see and know if there's power steering or hydroboost upgrades minor factory original but while towing mine does not stop very well.
Aftermarket rotors high quality brake pads master cylinders fairly new calipers or new even has an 08 rear end with bigger rear brakes.
Open for ideas and help the gooseneck I have that I pulled has big brakes and still truck doesn't seem like it does anything

·
Registered
147 Posts
Have you checked for air in the lines? How much weight are you pulling? What size tires do you have?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked for air in the lines? How much weight are you pulling? What size tires do you have?
Yes I have only brake lines only fluid had it bled with a scanner new rotors new brakes new calipers 300,000 mi original power steering original Hydro boost.
It doesn't matter what kind of weight as soon as I put a trailer behind it it's noticeable doesn't even have to be loaded

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know my power stream pump is weak cuz slow moving it's hard to steer sometimes especially if you're breaking.
I have 35s

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just put 35's on my truck a month ago and their is a significant difference in braking ability. I believe it's just the nature of the beast. Larger tires subtract leverage from the braking system and these brakes are beefy enough. I don't know if there is any upgrades. You can try replacing the power steering pump if yours is worn out or put your stock tires back on when you tow but as far as I know, that's it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts