Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jsut wondering if anyone else has had this problem. replaced my brake pads awhile back all went well till a couple weeks ago when i started getting a vibration while braking, on the freeway tapped brake pedal vibration quit till i went to get off freeway. made it thru light went to pull over and truck launtched towards passager side long story short the bolts fell out that hold caliper onto axle. so glad wasnt on freeway when that happened, and yes i made sure bolts where tight, all others where and still are. talked to stealership and they said that its a comman problem cause people dont put locktight back on. first time for me to ever hear that but i know better now

·
Diffrent Strokes
350 Posts
Thats new to me. I noticed blue Loc tite on my bolts when I did mine in October so I put some back in place. What a mess that was for ya.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya it was a mess. My rim ground down the top of my caliber some I'm just going to call it clearance though. If it does ever happen to you and you lose the bolts you can only get them at the stealership. Costs about 14 bucks for a set

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know when it pulled I was doing 35 mph and it pulled me clear across the other lane it was all I could do to keep it straightened out. If that would have been on the freeway I believe I would have rolled my truck or could have hurt many others

1 - 5 of 5 Posts