Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im need of some brakes.. pulsating pedal sucks trying to stop with a load.
I want something more than OEM when it comes to rotors and calipers
Recommendation?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Not saying that you don't need new brakes and rotors, but have you made some hard stops with the heavy load to help true the rotors. Mine would pulsate if I was driving unloaded for a while. I would hook up the trailer and do some harder braking and it would fix it.
If not, powerslots and hawk pads are a common recommendation.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put SSBC 8 piston calibers and Hawk pads
with power slot rotors and she stops on a dime
with a 3000 lbs Lance on the back
8 piston calipers! Sounds expensive but I like it. Did you do those calipers front and rear or just front?

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Ah so even wear on your pads, not like traditionally where you're at the indicators on the piston side and half meat on the static or immobile side.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Im need of some brakes.. pulsating pedal sucks trying to stop with a load.
I want something more than OEM when it comes to rotors and calipers
Recommendation?
Check out these guys I have purchased brake kits for my 7.3 and both my cars. They have good prices and great customer service. I have stock calipers and Hawk pads drilled and slotted rotors. Truck stops great pulling a 30ft Toybox loaded.

http://www.buybrakes.com/e-mmyproducts.aspx

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went with powerstop slotted and drilled rotors,ceramic pads,and there reman ford calipers up front bought them through AutoAnything.com and paid $275 after cores sent in,impressed so far!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I went with powerstop slotted and drilled rotors,ceramic pads,and there reman ford calipers up front bought them through AutoAnything.com and paid $275 after cores sent in,impressed so far!
I love the Powerstop rotors. And that is a good price.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is more in my price range and with two commenters definitely a strong consideration thanks guys

·
Registered
153 Posts
drilled rotors will do NOTHING, they will give you that racy look but nothing more, in fact if you tow and build heat in the brakes you need as much mass as possible, the pad compound will have far more effect on brake performance.

·
Registered
98 Posts
$900 calipers.. i think NOT.. I could get a nice cryo rotors, hawk pads and have 500 or so to party with..

money grows on trees in your area i guess

I put SSBC 8 piston calibers and Hawk pads
with power slot rotors and she stops on a dime
with a 3000 lbs Lance on the back

·
Registered
98 Posts
if you ever get close to a NASCAR race car you will see slotted rotors. They look like a big "U" not straight lines across the face.. and no you will not see drilled rotors at all.

drilled rotors will do NOTHING, they will give you that racy look but nothing more, in fact if you tow and build heat in the brakes you need as much mass as possible, the pad compound will have far more effect on brake performance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts