Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im replacing all my brakes on my 01 250 4wd, i got all 4 powerstop slotted and drilled rotors, powerstop severe duty pads front and rear, and braided lines from crown performance. i also plan on cleaning all the calipers and assuring that the slide pins are relubed and will work correctly. napa has all 4 calipers and slide pins in stock if i end up needing them. lastly i am going to replace all the fluid. how should i go about that? i thought about pulling all the lines off and letting them drain overnight, also thought about blowing the lines out with air, or should i just bleed each corner til i get clean fluid? any suggestions??

·
Registered
386 Posts
I would just bleed each corner until you get clean fluid. blowing the lines out with air would probably put alot of moisture from the air compressor in the lines. It might also harm the ABS valves

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah forgot about the abs, it wont gravity drain then either

·
Registered
386 Posts
If you can get a vacuum bleeder it makes it really easy and you can do it by yourself

·
Registered
48 Posts
well im replacing all my brakes on my 01 250 4wd, i got all 4 powerstop slotted and drilled rotors, powerstop severe duty pads front and rear, and braided lines from crown performance. i also plan on cleaning all the calipers and assuring that the slide pins are relubed and will work correctly. napa has all 4 calipers and slide pins in stock if i end up needing them. lastly i am going to replace all the fluid. how should i go about that? i thought about pulling all the lines off and letting them drain overnight, also thought about blowing the lines out with air, or should i just bleed each corner til i get clean fluid? any suggestions??
how was the dust on your rimes?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts