Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a brake line for my 2000 7.3. the problem is the line is no longer available. And after over a dozen calls to various stores and dealerships, I've come up with nothing. Can someone cross reference the part number. I understand I can piece it together, but the truck is at my in-laws cabin. And the nearest parts store is 45 minutes each way. Part number is F81Z-2B523-AA

·
Administrator
8,281 Posts
If it is just a hard line, you can get a straight piece and bend up a new one and cut it to length and flare it to fit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could yes. It's the fact that the cabin is 4 hrs away. I'd rather go there and be able to slap on the new line. Not have to run to the store an hr away and run back. Hoping I got everything I need

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
I doubt that you are going to find a ready made line that that old of a truck.

There are shops out there that will custom make them for you, just Google "custom brake lines"

Other than that if you want to get the truck home you can always just replace the damaged piece of line with a short section and couplings.

·
Administrator
8,472 Posts
if you know what the line length is, just get a piece of then copper nickel alloy line the same size and put it on. the alloy line is very easy to bend by hand, and will last forever.
all my vehicles except for the 2014 now wear alloy lines.
and the 14 will get them as soon as one of the lines burst.

·
don't play well w others
4,166 Posts
Check with classic inline tubes, but that truck is probably too new

I know they have lines for my 95 obs

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had to make a line. I called over 50 dealers and none of them have one or even have one in dealer inventory search. It was a ton of driving yesterday. But it's done. Thanks guys

·
Administrator
8,281 Posts
Bummer. At least you got it. Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wish I had seen this post yesterday, but it sounds like you were in a hurry anyway so maybe wouldn't have had time to order online. SS Tubes has a good selection of brake lines for the 7.3 trucks. I replaced every brake line on my 01 Excursion with their stainless lines, they came pre-bent & flared and the install was easy.

For future reference:
https://www.sstubes.com/collections/brake-lines/Ford-F-250-Super-Duty-2000

1 - 9 of 9 Posts