Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brake light has been coming on lately. It comes on bright and jst seems to fade away. I havent had any problems with pedal ar 4 wheel drive but when it comes on it will kick off the cruise. Just wondering if it is a sign of a problem coming soon

·
Banned
924 Posts
check the switch at the front of the master

not sure if it will fix that but maybe?

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
mine came on and i had a slow weep leak at the bracket that holds the rubber leader to the wheel. so grab the creeper and roll around underneath and check all the lines.. thats where i would start

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Have you had the recall done for the cruise/brake fluid level switch done? It sounds like that is your problem but it is hard to say without seeing it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Recall has been done.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You talking fluid leak on lines?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Auto or manual? if Auto check your 3rd brake light and make sure the bulb is good.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Auto or manual? if Auto check your 3rd brake light and make sure the bulb is good.
It is an auto. 3rd light is good. I got it back to working a while back. When it wasn't working cruise would kick off when blinker was turned on.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
me? yeah, it didnt effect the brake performance at all but the m.s was almost empty when i checked and it was leaking
Couldnt see any leaks, and fluid was full. Rubber lines and calipers were replaced about 2 months ago but brake light was doing that before brake work was done. Possible vacuum leak or pump going bad maybe? Don't know how to go about testing it.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Vacuum issue would result in hard(er) pedal, and wouldn't affect cruise control. No, the "common thread" between the cruise and the warning light is that switch/sensor involved in the recall. Maybe they botched up the work? IIRC, the recall work involves installing a fuse in the harness right at the M/C; might wanna check that fuse, make sure it's in tight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts