Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was towing my camper with my 2006 6.0 F350 when I had to get on the brakes and suddenly it pulled hard to the right. It did this the rest of the way to the campground, about 40 miles. Got out and checked and all the wheels were covered in brake dust BUT the front passenger was clean and caliper was cold which should have been the left caliper not working. Truck has all newer discs, pads, fluid and all stainless braided lines. Now I just got home and it stopped perfect the entire way. Thought the pins might have been seized but it shoulda been the left side. What should I look for and why did it start working fine?

·
don't play well w others
4,092 Posts
Probably a bad supply line. Inside collapsed, and did not allow fluid transfer. By sitting, it finally relaxed, and returned to normal. Problem will more than likely reoccur, and more frequently in the future

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How though? Theres no rubber lines on it

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,216 Posts
There is a hose inside the stainless braid - usually made of teflon. What brand of hose did you install?

·
don't play well w others
4,092 Posts
Stainless has rubber inside.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These were russel lines

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,216 Posts
I would think that they would be fine - pretty good quality from my experience.

That said, anything is possible I guess.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,216 Posts
When was the last time the brake fluid was flushed?

I would probably keep an eye on rotor temps for awhile. An IR temperature gun is a mighty handy thing to have.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I have one and will bring it with me this time. This truck doesnt get used much so Id say theres bout 2000 miles tops on all brake parts including fluid

1 - 9 of 9 Posts