Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its not so much of overspray, more of a run. i taped on covered around the badges on the fender but i had some run down when i was hitting it with brake clean. now there are some streaks that wont come off with a wash and wax. any suggestions? its not that bad, but i would like it gone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What about acetone? I would give that a try or the meguiers scratch X good stuff takes out tree branch scuffs might pull that out. Worst case I'd try a clay bar and soultion they normally sell in the detail section at the auto parts store.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
you've probably damaged the clear coat. i'll bet it won't be fixable w/o paint

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
rubbing/polishing compound, this is an area I have heard about but never was good at (detailing)

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
try a fine polishing compound. if that doesn't do it then it's going to be a more in depth fix for sure...

·
Registered
229 Posts
You have surface damaged the clear coat , you need to buff it with rubbing compound it is an abrasive. You could "TRY" a clay bar , but im sure its deeper then a clay bar will reach. I dont know about the adams stuff but its a swirl mark and haze remover so its a semi abrasive product. I personally would use 3M perfect it II fine cut. and finish with a polish of your choice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts