Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The aluminum drybox is a combo fuel cell, (the bottom 10"), the top 15" is for storage of tools and other keerap....gravity feeds into front stock tank. Have combined the hold down through bed bolts with inbox tie downs.....This is the only attachment points (both rear corners) for the combo box to allow for bed flex.

Will be LineXing the box this summer along with the undercab tubes and maybe rear bumper.....and aerotailgate...

jrc

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the tie on the back. More info on those? Where to buy?:poke:
Bought those at my local parts store here in BC, Canada. Napa, Summit should have em. To install I pulled the tail lights out and drilled through the bed post. I also made a backing plate from flat aluminum stock so that the bolts (actually counter sunk allen heads on the front side rail iirc) would go though tie down rail as intended then through bed post steel then through aluminum backing plate, all tightened down with nylock nuts......hope this makes sense.

Stock the tie downs just had washers for the backside and I wanted something more robust....thus the aluminum backing plate....easy install only took 1/2 hour... attachment point shoe and D ring slide up/down rail and you can buy additional shoe/D rings if needed.....

jrc

·
Let'er Buck!
1,681 Posts
Thanks for the pics!! I was surprised at how much I used the tiedowns in my old SD. The tool box that I've got in my OBS has tieloops but I don't have anything for the back corners. Love where you've mounted them. Out of the way, but convienent!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts