Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
6. NO LEAKER
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ha anyone got a blow off valve on their truck? I got to ride in an 05 6.0 with one..... sounded pretty mean!

·
6. NO LEAKER
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
addaboy! haha they are just pointless LOL but sound cool

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
what kinda blow off valve did he have in there?

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Isnt a BOV basically just be a wastegate gate on intake tube??? Im not startin chit, actually curious as i dont know much about them...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
The blow-off is too prevent a boost spike when the throttle is snapped shut. It also prevents surging. Diesels have no throttle plate, so it kind of doesn't matter...

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Yea, i knew that, and was never worried about it because of the throttle plate. Thanks for the answer. Im more curious where they are located and how it works on a diesel. Thats why i was saying it would work more like a wastegate for the intake - dont they open up at a certain PSI you set it to? It is on the intake (not the exhaust) side correct?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yea, i knew that, and was never worried about it because of the throttle plate. Thanks for the answer. Im more curious where they are located and how it works on a diesel. Thats why i was saying it would work more like a wastegate for the intake - dont they open up at a certain PSI you set it to? It is on the intake (not the exhaust) side correct?
You are correct. Regular blow off's operate off vacuum from behind the TP. Because we have no vacuum, ours operate off boost pressure.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow! for $660 I would rather have an ATS ported housing for surge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts