Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new truck home, 2008 f250 ccsb. Now what to do first. I am thinking sparten. I almost got smoked by a caviler driving it home.

·
Registered
871 Posts
DPF/DOC delete and some good tunes. Go with 5in exhaust looks a lot better than 4 on these trucks. Look into a Dashdaq or an electronic monitor and get an intake on there

·
Registered
799 Posts
livewire with erics tunes.
dpf/doc delete
i have a 5" but if i could do it again, i'd go 4".. the 5" is too quiet.
afe stg II PG7 Intake
EGR delete w/wastegate

you'll love it!

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
definetly get a spartan. full exhaust(maybe stacks):poke:, delete pipe, CAC pipe(Dirty Diesel):redspotdance:, intake, and egr delete if u have the money. keep us updated man u will love it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
livewire with erics tunes.
dpf/doc delete
i have a 5" but if i could do it again, i'd go 4".. the 5" is too quiet.
afe stg II PG7 Intake
EGR delete w/wastegate

you'll love it!
Is 4 inch a good bit loader than 5 inch i want the loudest i can get?
Sorry to derail.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Is 4 inch a good bit loader than 5 inch i want the loudest i can get?
Sorry to derail.
Just my own .02 i have stacks and they are louder then any 6.4 around me running 4 and 5 inch exhaust if u want to go with stacks.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
probably go with sparten means I am a dealer for them, I have an sct in my 6.0 I installed a sparten on a customers truck and since then I have had to have one. Thinking I will load the 275 tune. I really dont want the truck loud, I pull a trailer alot and dont want the drone noise. Whats it going to take to install 35 in tires and look good. I have a 6 inch lift on my 06, had a 4 on my 01.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
probably go with sparten means I am a dealer for them, I have an sct in my 6.0 I installed a sparten on a customers truck and since then I have had to have one. Thinking I will load the 275 tune. I really dont want the truck loud, I pull a trailer alot and dont want the drone noise. Whats it going to take to install 35 in tires and look good. I have a 6 inch lift on my 06, had a 4 on my 01.
The stacks dont give me a drone. i have a ext cab sb so they are closer to my head then a cc. if u want a kinda quiet ride go with a 5 inch straight pipe it looks bad azz and is quiet for a 5 inch. 35s will fit under a stock truck with the correct backspacing on rims. i have a leveling kit with 35s and no issues. it looks damn good. its the way to go. if u want to look low and fast go with stock height and 33s, it looks sick.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sold my 06 and just put 35 atz on it and the guy jewed me down, so I have 35s. I also had a 7.3, I did like it. I travel alot with my truck for my business so I try to keep a newer truck. I think tuner first, then wheels and my old tires. Probably want the wait untill I get the new wore off the tuner before I put the new tires on.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no kidding on that, I tuned a 2010 and it was stupid fast, it would smoke the tires from 25 mph. I wanted one ever since. Now I have one.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
I sold my 06 and just put 35 atz on it and the guy jewed me down, so I have 35s. I also had a 7.3, I did like it. I travel alot with my truck for my business so I try to keep a newer truck. I think tuner first, then wheels and my old tires. Probably want the wait untill I get the new wore off the tuner before I put the new tires on.
Yea the newer trucks are better for a lot of traveling. comfortable. Did u like the ATZs i want them bad but not really certain on them. Mickey thompson ATZs look awesome.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didnt like the tires they picked up every rock on my road and beat the hell out of my truck. I could run 90 down the highway and drive the rumble strip and rocks would fly out. I made my first long trip with them and went 500 miles and still had rocks in them. I always want them to, I wont buy them again as long as I have a half of mile of gravel to travel everyday.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
yea i can see that would be a pain in the azz. i dont drive gravel roads very often. i gotta still think about them. wat tires r u runnin now the stockers.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
59000 mile stockers, figure I will tune the truck and finish them off. Then figure out what I need to do the make the truck clear them and look good.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I would go with the dpf delete afe intake and innovatives tunes, I have been running them for 18* and have loved them, power wise the tunes are awesome I ran a 12.64 at 107 with just a tune exhaust intake and built trans

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Spartan is what I recommend.....of course lol. The AFE downpipe back exhaust systems are really nice. The Powerstroker67 DPF/CAT delete pipes are really nice as well. With one of those kits you can actually run a really nice DPF back exhaust like one that MBRP offers.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think I do want the spartan for sure, I havent decided what airbox to run. I will probably get the dpf delete from whoever. I really dont want the truck to be noticable with the exhuast. May just delete the dpf and leave the rest. I dont know yet. I would like the power without alot of drone

1 - 20 of 34 Posts