Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 00 F250 with exhaust, intake and TW chip and was only able to get 20lbs of boost pulling at the local sled pull. I had it on the highest tune available but thats all my gauge was able to achieve. I was thinking I may need to replace my wastegate with a big head. I just installed dieselsite's boots and that didn't help any. I am thinking I may have a week stock wastegate diaphram? I have never been able to achieve very high boost ever since I bought this truck. Help, any ideas?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Boost fooler?

Does it boost then peter out like a defuel, ie you need a boost fooler.
I would lookat the turbo master system, easier to adjust then the big head if you go that route.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does not peter out, thats just all I get. i was just thinking maybe my diaphram was week and not letting boost keep building.

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
buy a leak detector like this
Intake Pressure Tester

you can also build one out of a 3" PVC coupler,and a air regulator like this..

hook it up and add 10-15 lb of air and listen for leaks.. i have seen some plenums leak before...

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
You can paint them, just use good paint. I used the stuff we have here athe shop, base coat clear coat. Proble used a 100 bucks worth of materials though. paint is stupid expensive these days. Powder coating would be nice, but if they dont prime it will come off in time. I,ve seen it peel of brackets.

Dan

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
Ron on a side not are your Intercooler pipes powder coated or painted?

that is an old pic..its DuPonts candy apple red with about 10 coats of clear..sold them to guy and changed up the colors under my hood with ceramic high heat paint rated for 2100*..the AC was done with a rattle can paint from walmart...i dont like it..

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Hey, thats the same RR kit I have, LOL. you came up with the same idea I,ve been thinking of with regaurds to a fuel bowel deleat. I get the dual pump set up done that will be going bye bye. I,m gonna run all hose to and from the tank, run the return through a cooler then back to the tank. should be a nice set up when its all done.

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts