Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kinda of boost should i be hitting? i am running a IC but it seems low for twos only like thirty pounds at WOT plus im not setting any CEL is this odd? Motor only has 25K on it truck has 87K It runs like a rapped ape but just thought these are oddeties plus i live a 7000ft. Any input?

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Mine never went above 32 with stage 2s

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
Using an IC will drop boost pressure a couple of pounds since the IC cools (and reducing the air volumne) the air charge. I got 32 psi with stageIIs. Boost is not a particularly accurate indicator of how much power you are making.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
I saw 40 with stage 1s but I didnt have an intercooler on, after the IC I never saw above 32

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
yours looks about right. you might have a tiny little boost leak at one of the boots, but if you do i'd be surprised.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Don't forget that your 7000' elevation is going to reduce it a bit as well. Before my current boost leaks (plenum seal), I was pulling 36 psi with Baby Swamps but no IC. With the boost leaks it's down to 32 psi. I'll probably fix the leaks at the same time I install the IC, so I'll probably stay the same for max boost pressure!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
I live ar 5800ft and with my 175cc stock nizzels I can hit 32psi stock turbo would hit 28psi.

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Yeah, but judging from what HyperMax does, their StageII injectors are probably NOT 180's either.....Bill George's HyperMax StageII truck always seemed to be able to pull 30 more HP than my Maddog StageII's...LOL
True. Mine were AD splits, so they were probably even less then Bill's. :D They are now in New Jersey, in someone's Excursion running on veggie fuel...:eek:

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
30 with babby swamps

1 - 17 of 17 Posts