Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
fordguyalltheway
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok when i get punch my truck the boost goes to 14 then drops to 9 instantly when im still in it an i cant get above 14 psi for nothin ???? ...next i get p0238 then i clear it an unplug the map sensor then i get p0237 is the map sensor bad or what s goin on can someone help thanx...2000 f350 7.3

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
Here are the steps for testing MAP sensor...........

1. Check the MAP sensor voltage on the Light Green/Black (LG/BK) wire at the MAP sensor with it connected. Key On Engine Off or at idle, the voltage should be roughly 1.5v at sea level.

2. If the voltage is not correct, check for 5v on the Brown/White (BR/WH) wire and a good ground on the Gray/Red (GY/RD) wire. If OK, but the signal voltage is incorrect, suspect a faulty MAP sensor.

3. If the voltage on the LG/BK wire is correct Key On Engine Off, use a hand pump to apply pressure to the MAP sensor. The voltage with 5 PSI applied should be roughly 2.1v, with 10 PSI applied 2.8v, 15 PSI applied roughly 3.6v, and 20 PSI applied roughly 4.3v. If the voltage is not correct based on the pressure applied, replace the MAP sensor.

4. If all voltages are OK, monitor the actual pressure by tapping in a mechanical gauge on the MAP sensor hose and compare to the reading on the scanner while driving. Verify when the code sets that there is never more than about 16-17 PSI of boost. Also compare the boost reading to the mechanical gauge. If the readings do not agree, again suspect a MAP sensor problem.

·
fordguyalltheway
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey bud i tested the map an the wires tested good but i dont have a hand pump to test the other part ...so what does that mean??

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
Means you cannot fully test the sensor.

If you have a manual boost gauge go out for a drive and watch voltages vs actual boost pressure. If they do not match the parameters above then you have a bad sensor, assuming you checked wires correctly.

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
Means ICP is to high or low<-----almost always low.

It is possible that the IPR can cause this, but is usually accompanied with other codes.

Adrenalin or Stealth HPOP is the cure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts