Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Im thinking of getting this since I have my chip coming and also just wondering if it makes noise like a BOV?? Just wondering cause if the boost relief valve makes the same sound and I'll save me green since people say it's a waste of money anyways

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
just a welding fool.
1,097 Posts
that doesn't make noise, it just fools the computer into thinking you're below allowable boost levels for fueling. you can do the same thing with a $12 air pressure regulator from home depot spliced into the MAP line.

·
Dieselized
526 Posts
Sorry, I just think too many people buy BOV around here simply because of the noise they make when shifting. A BOV should be used as a safty and performance device not a noise maker.

And Hawker is right about the home depot made regulator

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, I just think too many people buy BOV around here simply because of the noise they make when shifting. A BOV should be used as a safty and performance device not a noise maker.

And Hawker is right about the home depot made regulator

There are some reasons I want it but mainly for the sound here this is from the website turbo guard
Closing the throttle suddenly when the engine is under#load can result in turbo damage. BD’s TurboGuard blow-off#valve protects your stock or aftermarket turbo from surging#and possible compressor wheel explosions. This new advanced#TurboGuard kit features adjustable valve# opening#pressure and a microprocessor with six different custom#settings, including valve opening pressure, activation sensitivity,#clutch cancellation, and more.

BD Power - Product: Turbo Guard

·
Registered
245 Posts
You should go back and read the Dieselsite's response as to why using a regulator from Home Depot is a bad idea. A regulator will prevent the SES light due to high boost pressure but I will not allow the map to see the correct pressure you need in order to access the correct fueling tables. Go read Bob's site its near the bottom where he specifically address this.

·
Registered
245 Posts
There are some reasons I want it but mainly for the sound here this is from the website turbo guard
Closing the throttle suddenly when the engine is under#load can result in turbo damage. BD’s TurboGuard blow-off#valve protects your stock or aftermarket turbo from surging#and possible compressor wheel explosions. This new advanced#TurboGuard kit features adjustable valve# opening#pressure and a microprocessor with six different custom#settings, including valve opening pressure, activation sensitivity,#clutch cancellation, and more.

BD Power - Product: Turbo Guard
My truck has been dumping excess boost out the intake for 76,000 miles with no issue. If you want it for the noise then go for it.

·
just a welding fool.
1,097 Posts
so as a stock sensor, you're good up to 25 psi, which from what i've been hearing is about the limit for the stock turbo, right?

·
Registered
350 Posts
so as a stock sensor, you're good up to 25 psi, which from what i've been hearing is about the limit for the stock turbo, right?
Seems that that is the safe limit. But some members have pushed them well into the 30's. They generally don't last too long. Mine was hitting 37 for 5 days :doh:

Actually I looked back and found that I didn't have a boost gage when it let go. I'll post a link.

·
Dieselized
526 Posts
28 is the limit

SIC instead of spending money on a 700 dollar BOV you could be happier buying a new 38r turbo

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
for starters, the 2 things your looking at do 2 completely different things. the boost fooler, map fooler whatever you want to call it simply shows the computer the right number of boost so you can get full fuel while still pushing way past the fuel cutoff.

the blow off valve has nothing to do with that.

if you want a good BRV, call DI. best prices around.

·
Registered
350 Posts
for starters, the 2 things your looking at do 2 completely different things. the boost fooler, map fooler whatever you want to call it simply shows the computer the right number of boost so you can get full fuel while still pushing way past the fuel cutoff.

X2

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

thats what i was trying to find out the difference between the 2 thanks fellas:ford:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts