Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95 f250, ECLB, 6637, 3"DP, 4"ehxuast, 5"inbed 6" stacks, 5spd, 235/85/16,

alright so i just finished a turbo rebuild but heres the story.2 weeks ago an injector crapped out. but on the way home on 7 cylinders i could hit 26lbs of boost(i was curious) and on a full 8 cylinders i could smack the 30 and would keep pulling.im guessing 34lbs of boost with stage 1's and tonys tunes. didnt matter the tune. bought one sent to jim and he did the interals swap last week i got the injector in and i was only pulling 20psi at WOT. so i sold my chip finally and bought a rebuild kit from rons turbo shop, which came stupidly fast to my house mind you with a fantastic price.

rebuild the turbo last night, all new bearings impellor wheel and orings yata yata, install when smooth, my hands are beat to crap thoe, i HATE the rear ped.bolts

any who, i took the truck for a ride and i was only hitting 19lbs of boost. at this point im about to have another fire incident because im pissed lol but i figured it needed to be worn in. so i let it sit for an hour and i go unplug the map sensor and im blowing threw the hoses to make sure its not clogged all good to go. got it all back together and it hits 26 lbs of boost. wooptie do, my friends stock truck hits 25lbs on a rebuilt turbo/new?? we stilldont know. i get it warmed up and im on my way to and from class and i hit 28 lbs of boost. but thats at WOT setting my first CEL for oil for the first time ive had the truck. i dont like reving it that high at all.
When i first bought the truck 3/4 throttle getting onthe highway would peg the 30lb guage with ease, not even trying to hard. i never floor it in this truck. I have tried another guage and they were both readingthe same numbers.

Now what i want to know is, could the injector i got from jim bring down that much boost? jim did an overhaul for me on it, it was my original AA codes built to stage 1s with parts from a AD code injector. now if i did the swap myself id be doubting my work and say i found my issue but i have no doubt in jims work, so im stumped!

sorry for the long post, im just trying to give everyone the most amount if info possible.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this is the video of the truck when i first got it. same mods.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
You say you sold your chip, if you still have stock nozzles, without a chip you will only get the stock amount of fuel on stage 1's, leading to lower boost numbers than with a chip.

You also mention you never put it to the floor. These trucks fuel based on load. You will never see full boost if it's not to the floor, therefore you will not have consistantly accurate max boost numbers.

Why did you rebuild your turbo, was it bad? And when you reassembled it did you use assembly lube and get it rebalanced? And did you properly break it in? 5 minutes of idle after startup, 5-10 minutes of easy driving after that?

Dave

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
The first thing I would do is go check for boost leak. If you did not mess with the fuel at all its prolly going to be a boost leak... It will be in the dummest spot too lol.

Also there is no such thing as breaking in a turbo but you should make sure it is properly lubed and balanced. did you by new wheels for it? Are they they same size?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
check your hoses and the squade cut o-ring on ther turbo Y to turbo. you have a leak someplace!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh my bad, I sold my gear head ts chip, my extra I had laying around which gave me money for the rebuild, I had slack up and down and a dusted wheel. I have tonys tunes for the stage 1s

All hoses have been checked, and I don't not have the oring in the intake I found out but iyts been like that since I got the truck, and that ypipe was not touched untill the rebuiold and the same numbers of boost. And the truck idoled for 15 minutes and got 5 minutes of easy, then a coupke medium pulls, then a coupkle hard pulls, then a cool down period, then a hard pull

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh my bad, I sold my gear head ts chip, my extra I had laying around which gave me money for the rebuild, I had slack up and down and a dusted wheel. I have tonys tunes for the stage 1s

All hoses have been checked, and I don't not have the oring in the intake I found out but iyts been like that since I got the truck, and that ypipe was not touched untill the rebuiold and the same numbers of boost. And the truck idoled for 15 minutes and got 5 minutes of easy, then a coupke medium pulls, then a coupkle hard pulls, then a cool down period, then a hard pull

1 - 7 of 7 Posts