Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
PSN Veteran
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put gauges in my truck, and like a fool, was exited to watch the boost gauge, but quickly relized that it doesnt really move much, inless i stomp on it, i know shes only good for about 25psi but is this normal, or do i have a faulty gauge?

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
I am pretty sure 25 is normal. do you have a chip? i think stock they only do about 18-20. i could be wrong though!

·
PSN Veteran
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, all i have is an AEM brute force intake, and a 4" turbo back exhaust into 6 inch stacks. it will push 25 when its screaming tho, but other than that, it doest really produce much.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
IIRC Thats normal did u do the defuel mod?

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
You should have some boost at pretty much any throttle position w/ a stock turbo.

It's likely that you pinched a line or introduced a leak. It's also possible that the gauge is just sticking.

·
Registered
926 Posts
im an OBS but in my 5spd i hit about 5lbs taking off and shifting around town. and doesnt really climb untill you stab the throttle or mash it. thats on a peppy street tune. smacks 15 in the face with ease when passing and pegs abou 30 and thats all she wrote. assumin gyou have 120cc injectors for a superduty? ive got stage 1s with stock nozzels and 160cc of fuel. stock it hits ~21 but takes a bit of a romp. so it sounds like your in good shape, heres a vid of my truck getting on the high way at a slightly more than half throttle stab. but tonys doesnt have much after 3/4 for throttle :doh:

sorry for the sideways vid, crap phone!! thats about 28psi non intercooled.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
My early 99 stock would hit 17psi, with intake, 4" turbo back and dp in 60T will hit 26-27 pretty fast. Haven't pulled the 5er since the Adrenaline install so maybe a little more now. Fill in your sig with your mods and where did you hook up the boost line?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts