Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The boost falls to 30 when doing 100 hundred or so. is that normal. if not what should i look for. And how accurate is the fuel rail pressure on the sct livewire.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
am i running out of fuel. cant tell with the rail pressure on the sct. At idle it says 40 and under full load it go up to 170. I checked fuel press to the high pres pump was at 4 psi.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
am i running out of fuel. cant tell with the rail pressure on the sct. At idle it says 40 and under full load it go up to 170. I checked fuel press to the high pres pump was at 4 psi.
Rail pressure should be in the thousands. Around 5,000 at idle and up in to the mid to high 20,000's at WOT.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. I got a stock intake with a drop in afe air filter. do u think that is holding me back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The restriction gauge has not moved. The boost will go up to about 44 or so and slowly back down. when it does this black smoke starts to come.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The restriction gauge has not moved. The boost will go up to about 44 or so and slowly back down. when it does this black smoke starts to come.
Do tour egt's also climb fast when this happens? If so your probably running out of air especially since it's smoking bad.Or,I guess you could have a turbo going.Not to sure on that though

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
My truck will only make a little over 40 on the extream tune and thats once the converter locks...If im already doing 80 and stand on it i will only get alittle over 30ish to...

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Yep...Try running the full lock tune and see how much boost you have my truck will keep boost way better on the locked up tune..U have to get use to it on the street tho.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts