Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was on my way home today and the truck just didn't run right,, had boost down low then it would just seem to go pedal dead, but still made boost in the 20's. So I switched tunes and the same thing. just didn't have the get up. So I got home and stated checking IC tubes and boots. Noticed the boot going to the turbo was loose and pulled back. Not sure if it was leaking. Checked the Boot at the base of the IC, good. Still checking and noticed one of my water meth nozzle and fitting came out of the intake horn. So I know it was leaking boost out of the opening. I put it together and snugged it down, what do you think it was loosing for boost, I think a lot... So I will test in the morning. Truck just seemed to lose power just before mid range....

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any ideas on making the IC boots stay on.... only having the problem after running the 62/70. Is it building more boost, is that why this is happening.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
That and did you clean up the boot before you put it back get all the oil etc off of it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gonna try that today.........

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
If that doesn't work you can go to thicker, longer, tougher boots and better clamps.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
If that doesn't work you can go to thicker, longer, tougher boots and better clamps.
:whs: 2003-07 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Intercoolers Hoses DPP has some good boots. Deputy Dog (screen name) on here is with them. Also you could roll a bead aroudn where the boot is coming off if. Any of that is something to try if the hairspray doesnt work. Just dont put a ton of it on, just enough to make it tacky/sticky.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
My crappy Banks boots are holding 45 PSI. I'm worried that old frayed POS angled boot is gonna make one hell of a dent in the hood one of these times...

I need to make a new discharge pipe. (No way I'm paying Banks for their replacement)

As said before, hairspray works very good. Make sure you use the "Extra Hold" stuff.

Also...the clamps I have been using have a LARGE spring on the tightening sleeve. It is not just a simple little "Lock Nut" and spring...it is actually a sleeve that is an inch long, threaded on the inside, with a large spring overtop of it. (Damn near as big as a valve spring.)

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
SiliconHoses.com

Just get 3" ID tube that is 3.3' long. It fits over my aluminum intercooler ends. I think the passenger side won't fit on your intercooler but if that boot is ok, you can just leave it.

Here is what I got.
3" SH76 $96.00

Here is what you could use for the one I/C if you have the two different size ones...
3 1/2" - 3" S89-76 $32.00

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you, I will look into this..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts