Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can see that its leaking out from under the housing between the pedestal and the ex. housing or where the up-pipes meet..... do ya think its leaking from the where the donut gaskets meet the housing? or the pedestal? its starting get pretty clicky....no boost gauge yet so i cant give you bosot numbers sorry... whats the best way to find out exactly where its leaking and try to fix it?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, ill search for threads about them now but im still gonna ask for a write up on how to best get back there and do them

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any ideas????

·
Registered
817 Posts
See post #6 on this thread for how I did it from above (without removing trans):
removal of turbo... grrrrrrr - Powerstroke Nation

Unfortunately the GM up-pipe donuts (recommended by some people) did not seal worth a dang, so I had to repeat the excercise a month later. That time I chose to pull the trans since I had a leaking torque converter seal. It was definitely easier to do it with the trans out, but I would have to say the overall effort was lower when doing it from the top side. Unless you have access to a lift to make pulling the trans easier!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
See post #6 on this thread for how I did it from above (without removing trans):
removal of turbo... grrrrrrr - Powerstroke Nation

Unfortunately the GM up-pipe donuts (recommended by some people) did not seal worth a dang, so I had to repeat the excercise a month later. That time I chose to pull the trans since I had a leaking torque converter seal. It was definitely easier to do it with the trans out, but I would have to say the overall effort was lower when doing it from the top side. Unless you have access to a lift to make pulling the trans easier!

Regards,
Michael Pliska
hmm I would look into that had I not already planned on upgrading my TC/

·
Registered
817 Posts
Unfortunately I'll have my trans out AGAIN next week, but this time to install a billet torque converter. I also need to seal some intake plenum leaks, will probably do the driver's side when I do the trans (since it looks nearly impossible without pulling the turbo AGAIN, and I might as well have easy access to the up-pipe connection when I do it).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts