Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night i was driving and noticed the boost gauge not working as I remembered it the day before. I generally get up to speed pretty hard, usually about 10 psi on the gauge, but last night the gauge was hardly moving past 4 or 5. I decide to really try to make the gauge move and when i mashed on the go pedal it seemed to come up around 5psi and almost stop and then jump up to around 15 or so. i checked in the dark for a pinched hose, will check it again this afternoon though. If its not the hose and the gauge is just sticking would it hurt to shoot a lil oil in it? Or is that a sign of a boost leak somewhere? Also when its up in higher boost and I let off the throttle in drops instantly to around 4 or 5 and then slowly back to 0 psi.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
check for leaks do not put oil in it . if you haver a compressor and a regulator you could try slowly increasing the psi and see if it is the gauge sticking or junk in the line.

·
Go Big or Go Home!!!
523 Posts
Mine did that and I traced the boost tube back to the back of the gauge and the tube had come off.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
817 Posts
x2 on not putting oil into it!!! These gauges are a sealed bourdon tube, so the inlet does not go to the gearing. It could be worn gearing on the bourdon tube mechanism, but the most likely issue is in the supply line (kinked or leaking).

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. It was a kinked line in the gauge pod right where the metal nipple stopped at. Jst folded over.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts

ITP Kit

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
Thanks guys. It was a kinked line in the gauge pod right where the metal nipple stopped at. Jst folded over.
Plastic or rubber line I suppose?
I ran my copper tube all the way from the T on the MAP line, through the firewall, under the dash, up the wall, and to the gauge. I even had about 12" of left over that I bent into a wide U and left under the hood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts