Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. I just installed a boost gauge in my 01 350, the clear hose that came with the gauge wasn't long enough, so I used 1/8th" fuel line,,,,,Gauge doesn't seem to read real well or I have little to no boost,,,I figure the line is to small, anyone run into this b4?

2. I also installed an egt gauge, was looking for the best place to run my probe, while doing that I noticed some black on the foil behind the driver side up-pipe, slight leak it appears, so I plan on replacing those,,,my ?? is, would the up-pipe be a good place for the probe, (I can tap it prior to install) or should I try and tap the exh manifold or tap into the pipe right b4 the turbo?

Thank you

·
PSN intsigator
6,103 Posts
Can't help on the boost issue. Do you hear the turbo spool when you accelerate.

The probe(s) should go into the rear of the manifold(s). I do run the one on my obs at my downpipe after my turbo.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Nothing wrong with your choice of hose. It should work. You got a pic of where you plumed it? Sitting idle and hitting the gas won’t give you boost # FYI.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plumbed it into the intake heater spot,,,I can hear the turbo when I let off to shift,(6spd).

Was thinking about the down pipe for egt, since I'll have it all apart, just looking for suggestions on that

·
7,983 Posts
i put the probe in the driver side manifold rear of the engine. you do not have to take the manifold off because it is easy to reach under the truck.

·
Registered
365 Posts
For the egt probe I’ve always been told to tap the driver side manifold as close to cyl. 8 as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
So you used like chainsaw or weedeater gas line?
Likely too flexible/expandable.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts