Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think there is enough metal to tap this senor into the back of the intake? There is a flat spot as you can tell from the picture. The Ev2s doesn't use the tubing for the boost gauge. Other options?

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
You could still probably use a tee in the MAP line. Just need to get the right size/port configuration. Cheers!

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
you can still use the MAP line if you want to. get you a tee for it that has a 1/8" NPT sticking off one side. if you can't find one that has a female for the sensor then get one with a male 1/8" NPT then get a 1/8" NPT fitting that you can screw onto the tee and screw the sensor in the other side of that fitting(female x female)

·
Registered
797 Posts
I just teed into the MAP line. My first tee was plastic and it broke, I then went to a brass one from the hardware store. Barbed fittings on all 3 sides but you could then put a hose on the new leg, then go to a barbed fitting to NPT adaptor.

·
hit n miss
549 Posts
Do you think there is enough metal to tap this senor into the back of the intake? There is a flat spot as you can tell from the picture. The Ev2s doesn't use the tubing for the boost gauge. Other options?
Yes here's enough metal there, I put my boost sensor in that flat spot before my truck was intercooled. Drilled the hole a bit under size and tapped it, used some hard setting thread sealant. It held 30lbs on numerous occasions.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thats were mine was before th IC plenty of metal

·
Registered
817 Posts
You guys are more trusting of the sheet metal than I would be! I guess with the hard setting thread sealant it would be okay. I've been planning to tap mine for some before and after tests with my intercooler install (mostly for inlet air temp), but I was going to weld some steel bungs to the Y-pipe. Maybe I'll try the simple drill and tap first, I can always add the bung if it strips out. I have had a thermocouple tapped into my aftermarket downpipe for years, but it is heavier wall thickness than the intake Y.

BTW - my sensor is in a MAP line tee fitting, used a brass tee with all female ports, threaded the sensor in along with two hose barb pipe fittings. I wouldn't trust a plastic fitting with the heat and 36 psi of boost.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

1 - 7 of 7 Posts