Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, my 6.0 is smoking some bluish smoke when it gets at operating temp and it's 55+ degrees outside. No rough idle or anything, just smokes some light blue smoke when I'm stopped at a redlight or stop sign, then as I accelerate it blows the smoke out and it clears up while I'm in the throttle. Smokes in reverse as well. If I'm stopped and put the truck into nuetral the smoke stops. Mods are listed below in my sig. I'm thinking either turbo seals or injector stiction. Any help is appreciated, thanks guys!

Tyler

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Master of Disaster
68 Posts
Are you running 2 cycle in your fuel?

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope no 2 cycle oil

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Turbo seals?????

·
Lookin for Operating Job
234 Posts
Kind of off subject sorry but do people really run 2 cycle oil in there fuel and whats the CCV mod??

·
Wondering what if
828 Posts
Kind of off subject sorry but do people really run 2 cycle oil in there fuel and whats the CCV mod??
ashless 2 cycle oil adds lubrication to the fuel. do a search and you'll find out what the ccv mod is. stroker67 has some pics to go along with it.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
It smokes at idle right? Take the pipes off of the turbo and see if it stops smoking...

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if i take the charge pipe loose doug and it quits smoking, what does that mean?

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alright thanks guys, appreciate the help

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
You can go get the oil fill tube orifice tool and do a crankcase pressure test. See if the bores are done or not...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts