Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was just wondering if anyone has had experience with bluebonnet or any of the san antonio dealerships with warranty work and having a tuned + dpf/doc delete done on a 2008-2010 6.4L truck? im under 36,000 miles and may need to have them look at the truck soon so was just wondering if i can take it to any one of these places tuned or if i should just return back to stock?

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
I would not recommend Bluebonnet. They will stick it to you, they warrantied my Vac. pump on my 2006, but when I pushed for more warranty work he gave me the run around about my LIFT KIT and exhaust, and said he had to take pictures to do this and that blah blah and Ford would cut my warranty :blah: :blah:

Also your truck will have to be in legal emissions or else they cant work on it I dont think, unless their aftermarket friendly.

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
Then again, go walk by the mechanics parking lot and look at what you see... nothing but aftermarket goodies

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i do know a guy in the service dept but im not sure if the relationship is good enough to just come out and say hey my truck is tuned can you work on it..all my warranty work has been done there and ive never had a bad experience...just wanted to know if anyone else who had a moded truck has been through there...or the sa dealerships

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
Ive had great experiences there, we have bought all of our vehicles from there. The service manager just isnt aftermarket friendly (atleast in 2008/2009).

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
It was too long ago.. I dont remember. I would just take it there and ask them straight up, or ask that mechanic you know. Its better than just guessing. The worse thing they could do is say no?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts