Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey have an 06 6.0 has a new engine, 8 new injectors and new ficm. Truck hazes blue on cold starts and after driving it and getting it hot and letting it sit for a couple hours hazes on start up. Power balance is clean. Any suggestions what to check?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had a bd diesel screamer turbo, put a stock turbo on to rule that out. No difference still blue puff after sitting and hazing on start up.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Since it was built by someone, I'd bring up the issue with them. Take video and show them as proof. Ask for an explanation. It may be burning off something due to the new build. Could be the unburnt fuel from injectors while it's cranking. Could be a couple things, to include something being wrong with the build, which is why you should go talk to them. Even if they didn't do the full build (if it was a short block), they may still be able to give you some good insight.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Assembly lube burning off?
I don’t think so, we had him back for his first oil change at 1000km and he has been back for another oil change at 5000km and now is inbetween the next one I’m pretty sure.
Since it was built by someone, I'd bring up the issue with them. Take video and show them as proof. Ask for an explanation. It may be burning off something due to the new build. Could be the unburnt fuel from injectors while it's cranking. Could be a couple things, to include something being wrong with the build, which is why you should go talk to them. Even if they didn't do the full build (if it was a short block), they may still be able to give you some good insight.
I called them on the 24th but missed them due to Christmas Eve, I’ll have to call again in new year. They did suggest I check the glow plugs are working which I did. Ohm check pass, battery check pass and module pass. I checked IAT actual and what IDS said and they matched. Those were first suggestions they said.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Keep us updated. We like to squirrel away bits of knowledge for later, but can't if we don't hear the outcome. lol Hopefully it's something simple. After I did my head gaskets I had the same symptoms as you....almost identical. I never did find out why. I checked everything I could think of. One day the symptoms just started getting less noticeable, and then they just went away. It was a good 6,000 miles before it went away on its own. Not saying this will happen with you, but it is a possibility.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keep us updated. We like to squirrel away bits of knowledge for later, but can't if we don't hear the outcome. lol Hopefully it's something simple. After I did my head gaskets I had the same symptoms as you....almost identical. I never did find out why. I checked everything I could think of. One day the symptoms just started getting less noticeable, and then they just went away. It was a good 6,000 miles before it went away on its own. Not saying this will happen with you, but it is a possibility.
I will definitely post back I’ve been reading a lot of posts with no answers and it’s definitely sucks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EIther the engine has to break in or you have an issue with an injector(s).
Ya I’ll definitely ask dfc if they have a break in period and confirm the mileage put on it. Power balance is flawless and all new injectors so I don’t even know how I’d find out which one

·
Registered
14 Posts
So update: appears that the issue was with the PCV. We did a PCV dump under the truck and the smoke went away on 4 consecutive colds starts. We let the customer take it, he’s had it for a week and so far so good

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
So update: appears that the issue was with the PCV. We did a PCV dump under the truck and the smoke went away on 4 consecutive colds starts. We let the customer take it, he’s had it for a week and so far so good
That is odd. I’ve never had an issue with the CCV system on a 6.0. Either the turbo couldn’t pull it out fast enough (which isn’t likely) or you have quite a bit of blow by. If you take the oil fill cap off while running, is there a lot of vapors coming out?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts