Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Loud pipes save lives
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to change the dash lights to colors other than green. I really want blue but the only thing ive seen just goes over the cluster not actually changing a bulb.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
There is a green tint on the backside of the guages. If you REALLY wanted to, you can scrape this green tint off the backside, and then place whatever color bulb you wanted in then. Or get out your color wheel and find out what mixes with green to make blue lol

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
i put red bulbs in mine. it still has a lot of green but i am happy w/ the way it turned out.

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
You need one of these from us to make them blue

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
i have a fetish for red, so some one needs to hook me up. basically i want the guages to look like the cluster in a bmw, or more red tint to it would be fine.

·
Team Shade-Tree Mechanic
635 Posts
BigStroker- how much???? Do they make the same thing with a black face???:poke:

·
Team Shade-Tree Mechanic
635 Posts
Or possibly a white face with green backlight??? ;)

·
Team Shade-Tree Mechanic
635 Posts
:drool: Sweeet

·
Registered
329 Posts
do you have any that will fit a 2000 type cluster?? i wanted to kinda keep blue as the color everything else is but dashlights are still green as can be:doh:

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
o and a black backing:D. i mean red light are just sweet, i even have a red bulb in the under hood light, and a red shift light.

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
This has been on my to do list for a little while, but i'm waiting to do it til ISSPRO gets done with my Blue LED EV2's before i do it.

you can get your stock guages to go blue, white, red, pink, purple, etc. just find the bulb. i gotta pull the cluster outta my truck so i can take a look at it, but my plan is to take out the green film and put in blue LED's. when you do it you HAVE to get the 194 wide angle LED's so they will light up more evenly. hopefully i can play with this a little more before long. or maybe make a clear film to put on there then put in the LED color of your choice(wide angle of course). i think the film serves to make the light spread evenly across the guage cluster. so if mine doesn't light up evenly at first then i will make a clear film somehow. LoL. i believe my buddy did this with his dodge and even left the green film in there. i will talk with him more about it. I haven't seen behind our guage clusters yet. haha

1 - 20 of 94 Posts