Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the entire story. I blew my front passenger tire few months ago when going about 65mph. No damage to the truck or wheel. At the time I had the factory size 275/65r20 tires. I replaced them with 35x12.50r20 Toyo Mts. After putting them on when at highway speeds I have a pull to the right. At first I thought it was radial pull but I have rotated the tires side to side and front to back and still pull to the right. I have removed the steering stabilizer and still the same issue. Ball-joints good, u-joints good. Steering is still tight. Truck has 66,700 miles on it and has never been aligned.

So my question is would a blown tire mess up the alignment? Or is it something that I am missing.

Truck is a 2007 F250 Lariat Outlaw Stock height

Thanks,
JonnyB

·
Administrator
32,998 Posts
I would have guessed radial pull also but you ruled that out
I would jack it up and check the unit bearing

then if good get an alignment

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have guessed radial pull also but you ruled that out
I would jack it up and check the unit bearing

then if good get an alignment
oops forgot to say that was good too.

I figured an alignment considering its pulling to the same side that had the blow out.

THANKS!

·
Registered
756 Posts
I would say it just needs an alignment. What was it like having a tire blow out at 65? Did you lose control or anything?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say it just needs an alignment. What was it like having a tire blow out at 65? Did you lose control or anything?
The wheel jerked right and the truck went right. If someone was riding next to me then it would have been a different out come. The BIGGEST problem I had was trying to slow down and not getting rear ended in the process. You would think smoke bellowing out from a truck and the smell of burning rubber people would back off but NOOOOPE.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts