Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
New to the forums. Tried searching through all the other listings but didn’t find my question specifically answered. So I recently cracked piston 8 in my 2010 6.4 f-250 I have it deleted with an H&S mini max tuner. I want to rebuild it but was wondering if anybody has done it with bigger pistons. The cylinder has been pitted out and I think think it will have to be machined to be rebuilt. I’m thinking that bigger pistons may last longer? I’m trying to rebuild a stronger motor than stock. Supposedly my truck puts out close to 720hp I would guess on a dyna prob. Putting closer to 500 maybe 550 to actual wheels. But with a heavy foot. Feel like it’s just too much for the oem components. Is boring the motor and putting heavy duty guts a good move? I see the rebuild kits are about $3k and I know a shop who said they’ll do the rebuild for $2500 including machine work on block cylinders. So I’m looking at $5500-$6k full rebuild and prob 3 months with the truck down. I love the truck and want to save it. But is rebuilding the block the way to go? I’ve seen the fummins swap. But that looks a lot more expensive. And tbh I love my 6.4 til a sensor goes out. Or I blow the motor 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
176 Posts
Will you consider engine rebuilders like Ashley Engines, Kill Devil Diesel or Choate Engineering. They will rebuild engine and you can choose the upgrades and just send them your core. Or do you just want to use a local shop?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts