Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty sure I blew my head gasket at 65,000 miles. It is chugging, blowing white and the inside of the tail pipe is shiny and sticky instead of sooty. I have pretty much always had coolant puking issues out of the degas bottle. I deleted that pain in the rear on the manifold, killed my kitty, put Elite's HD up-pipes on and ran Eric's ID out of the box tow tune and still lost the gasket. Considering studding it myself. If I do, should I do Bulletproof's oil cooler relocate at the same time? Should I do their new water pump impeller too? The worst thing is that by the time I spend all that money I could probably be into a 6.4. Anybody want to buy a low mileage 6.0 and replace the head gasket?

·
Registered
287 Posts
well, i think if u tow ALOT, then a remote would be good, but if u get the scangauge2 and flush with restore and switch to elc and add a coolant filter. then, the least u may have to do to the cooling system is rebuild the oil cooler and if the system is clean, it should never have problems again. and when u stud it, u can get some really awesome tunes so maybe u will wanna stay with the 6.0, but ur choice.

·
546 Posts
What are the details on your truck and how much ? Doesnt matter what you do really, a friend with a 2004 had a intake and exhaust only and blew his gaskets. Another friend that is on this fourm has a 2003 with i want to say 170k on stock gaskets and bolts with edge and egr delete. Mine held till about 85k and i put a programmer on it @ 50k they are all different. But after mine was studed i wasnt worried, its a great truck to have just sucks we have to pay for fords slacking. But i like hearing the sh$t talking people do because its a 6.0. I have no problem lining them up with who ever runs there mouth. I like being the underdog and showing them up. But back to your truck, i would get the solution kit and stud it with stock ford gaskets, full egr delete, coolant filter kit, blue spring mod and that should be all you need. If you add a programmer i would add gauges or buy a edge insight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts