Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the block heater electrical plug located?

I know, dumb question, but I purchased this truck in July. I asked where it was and the dealer told me it was tucked up under the bumper.

Now I can't find it. Where does it attach to the engine? Where should the plug come out of the truck?

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
It starts out being located at the oil cooler which is attached to the oil filter housing . It is an orange plug end and it travels up to the front bumper/grill area. Reach your hand in the lower part of the grill on the drivers side and feel around. If it has never been pulled out it will be zip tied to a plastic tab.

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was an Arizona truck, so it may not have one.

Is it a matter of just hooking up a wire to it?

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Just crawl underneath and look. I have yet saw one that did not have the block heater.

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Just crawl underneath and look. I have yet saw one that did not have the block heater.
My 03 did not have a block heater.

And for the op the last one I bought was from Napa and I want to say it was about 70-80 bucks for the whole deal (element + cord)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK. Found it coming out of the oil filter housing. I followed it, it goes up front behind the grille. Haven't found the plug yet, but it's there. It's raining hard here.

Need a lift kit, I can't get my fat ass under the truck on a creeper....LOL

Thanks for your help.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Now he did the marinco mod which is basically drilling and mounting a marine plug for easier access but the pic gives you gen idea of where to look, it is a really short cord.
, i usually loop the extension cord to the tow hook, iirc it is a pretty power hungry item..like 10-15 amp. Some people put it on a timer, as it only needs 30-45 mins or so to work...ie left over xmas tree timer etc.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now he did the marinco mod which is basically drilling and mounting a marine plug for easier access but the pic gives you gen idea of where to look, it is a really short cord.
, i usually loop the extension cord to the tow hook, iirc it is a pretty power hungry item..like 10-15 amp. Some people put it on a timer, as it only needs 30-45 mins or so to work...ie left over xmas tree timer etc.
Great idea with the christmas tree timer, I have one in the attic.

thanks for all the help!

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
thats good info, i use to leave mine on when i went to bed and then unplug when i got up (about 5-6 hours) I knew it was overkill, but for some reason I thought it was more like 2 hours it needed

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went to three marine stores today. The cheapest 110v waterproof plug I could find was $65.

Is that an empty boot? Or does it come with a plug already installed?

Does anyone have a company name or part number?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts