Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my truck was originally purchased in so cal it is a 2007. so i was told by a few people that every powerstroke came with a block heater but having the plug wired in was an option.. my truck doesnt have a plug anywhere so is it true they all have one and i need to wire one up or??? i live in northern utah and its getting to be that time of the year (36 degrees this morning)any advise is greatly apreciated thanks guys..:ford:

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
If you have a cord it'll be coiled and tucked up right behind the right side of the bumper

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked and it's not there that's why I'm wondering if I have a block heater or what

·
Intelligent Burro
450 Posts
It should be behind the right side of the front bumper, like stated above. You may have to reach WAY up in there to find it and it may be zip tied up. It will have a cover on it so you won't see the prongs of the plug. I have not seen a truck without one, but things from California are kind of strange.

·
Registered
918 Posts
You will probably have the heater look above the starter and you should see it you probably just need the cord I no that is all I need the heater is there just not the cord

·
Nose picker
426 Posts
I had the same thing on my truck. Heater but no cord. Ended up snagging a cord off a junked truck and boy are those things in there.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright sounds good guys ill make sure mines not ziptied clear up there.. then go hunting for one hahaha. thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Honestly if your glowplugs are working properly and everything else is working properly you shouldn't have to plug your truck in IMO. I drove mine all last winter and never once plugged it in it started right up every morning and I live in central Illinois so there were mornings it was below 0 out. Never plug it in and unless glowplugs go out you never will have to plug it in.

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Honestly if your glowplugs are working properly and everything else is working properly you shouldn't have to plug your truck in IMO. I drove mine all last winter and never once plugged it in it started right up every morning and I live in central Illinois so there were mornings it was below 0 out. Never plug it in and unless glowplugs go out you never will have to plug it in.
I kind of agree with you, but having it plugged in just makes it so much easier on the motor besides helping it make some heat to defrost the windows.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I agree it never has trouble starting but I don't have the luxury of a garage or car port unfortunately so it's always nice to already have the motor warm and defrost blowing hot. I never scrape the windows I just let defrost do the job. But it would be nice to not have to let it idle for 20 minutes haha. And thanks guys haven't had a chance to look but plan on it tonight.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree with plugging it in I live in northern Minnesota and have never had a problem with my truck starting even when it was -40 but without plugging it in it sounds like the pistons are gonna fly out through the heads

1 - 15 of 15 Posts