Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking all Diesel trucks had block heaters. On my 2010, i can not find the plug in cord. Do the newer diesel trucks not have block heaters? Or do have a CA model? Thanks for your help. <2>

·
Diesel fanatic
591 Posts
They all come with block heaters. You just dont have the cord.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where do I start to look? Sorry I'm new to the Diesel world

·
Diesel fanatic
591 Posts
Before you go out and buy a cord look behind the passenger side fog light. They are hidden very well. The plug will have a round cover over the prongs so it will look just like any of the wiring harness'.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wife's out in the truck. I'll look when she gets home. Thanks for your help.
<2>

·
TimmyaleX
656 Posts
I just bought an 08 and can't find mine either. I crawled under the truck and looked up at the starter couldn't see the heater or a plug coming from it. Is it allways on the right side of the bumper?

·
Registered
517 Posts
my 08 didnt come with a cord , the heating element was there though .

·
Diesel fanatic
591 Posts
I just bought an 08 and can't find mine either. I crawled under the truck and looked up at the starter couldn't see the heater or a plug coming from it. Is it allways on the right side of the bumper?
If your truck has a cord it will be on the passenger side behind the fog light. Sounds like you dont have the cord but all trucks come with a block heater. You will have to buy a cord and plug it in to the block just above the starter. Then run it to the front of the truck.

·
Administrator
32,974 Posts
if u need the cord I would recommend the Ford unit VS IH because it has all the locating pins and chafe protection for the superduty
the IH version is just the cord from what I have seen

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ordered the cord yesterday off Ebay. $20 plus a little shipping. And I found the plug above the starter. Thanks for the help.

<2>

·
TimmyaleX
656 Posts
Just bought mine today from Ford. Planning on snapping some pics of the install and the instructions.

·
Administrator
32,974 Posts
Thanks
that one doesn't have any of the chafe protection or snap in pins like the OEM

but for that price ??

I opted for OEM at way more $$

·
Administrator
32,974 Posts

·
TimmyaleX
656 Posts
Took about 30 minutes to install. Removed the right inner fender. That made the install much easier. OEM cord is super nice with all loom, thermal insulation and clips in the correct position. Well worth the extra cash in my opinion.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyone had issues with the cheaper cord?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
anyone have the Ford part number for the cord?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts