Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Powerstroke owner here, and I’m sure someone has had this issue but I can’t find anything on it. I bought a new cord for the block heater, plugged it in and it worked fine the first day. Went out the next day (with it still being plugged in), unplugged it and went to start it. Noticed as soon as I turned the key on the temp gauge was pegged as high as it would go. Tried to start it, just kept turning over, never would fire. Stopped and tried again after a minute and it finally started, but ran rough for about 5 min. As I drove the temp gauge dropped to normal temp, and it has ran fine since with no issues, other than the heater no longer working. My question is, is my cord fried? I’ve tested it with a multimeter and it doesn’t register anything, just says OL. It did rain while it was plugged in, but my outside plug is gfci protected. Not sure what to try next, a new heating element and cord or just a cord. Any tips and help is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Sounds like your heater took a dump. Test again at the block with the wires removed. If it still shows open, replace the whole thing as a unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts