Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the International P/N for the block heater plug? Going to Ohio in Dec.,could possibly need it.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Here's a good link on how to find it if you dont see it, as some have it installed and have a hard time finding it for whatever reason... Diesel Technician Society

It's not "needed" for cold starting, but does make it a lost easier. I live in upstate NY and didn't use it for my first winter at all, started in 0 degree weather. I use it all the time now because start up and warm up just goes a lot faster!

Anyways you have a couple options... $17.00 at O'Reilly auto parts.Part# 3600008, they dont have it in their computers so you might give them the name, "zerostart". Phillips & Temro - Application Guides Go to the US catalogs. They also have them for the 6.4 and 7.3.

Or here it is at the powerstroke shop...
Your Premiere Source for Ford Truck Parts and Accessories

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have one installed (southern truck). Ordered one from the local International dealer for $27.00. Will absolutly use the DTS site for install referance.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Yeah I found that after I got mine, just make sure it doesn't interfere with suspension stuff, pretty simple. My truck was bought new in NY, then traded in, then I bought it here and it never had one on it. Truck came from the Kentucky plant though!?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
so do all the motors come with a block heater and not a cord, so all i would need to buy is the cord cause i dont have a block heater or a cord, and i have been wanting to know if i could add it to my truck. But i dont know if i just need the cord or the whole thing

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
yup all trucks should have the heater. Cord might be missing though. Ford wants something like $60 for the cord.

My truck was originally owned by a guy in Ohio, it has no cord, but has the heater in the block. Crawl under just behind the passenger tire and look up towards the back of the block and should see it there.

Mine hates cold starts even in 40-50° weather, but has yet to fail to actually start in 0° weather. Still wish I could plug it in though, at least on a timer for 3 hours or so before the morning.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
ok and then the cord should just plug into the heater its self and then run the wire to the front of the truck where its easy access to an extension cord

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
ok and then the cord should just plug into the heater its self and then run the wire to the front of the truck where its easy access to an extension cord
Exactly. $15 from International for the cord, dont bother with the Ford one.

It's pretty simple. That link I posted up at the top shows how to run it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Go figure....
Both my 03 and 05 Ex's bought in Texas had the cord !?!

Just HARD as 'all git out' to spot unless you know where it is...

a black cord in a black hole against a black radiator support with a black cover over the 3 prong black plug ???

did I say it was black ?

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Go figure....
Both my 03 and 05 Ex's bought in Texas had the cord !?!

Just HARD as 'all git out' to spot unless you know where it is...

a black cord in a black hole against a black radiator support with a black cover over the 3 prong black plug ???

did I say it was black ?
All of the 03s and 04's had the cord. 05+ it was an option. The heater was there in the block, but no cord.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Exactly. $15 from International for the cord, dont bother with the Ford one.

It's pretty simple. That link I posted up at the top shows how to run it.
Nice info is the heater the same between the 7.3 an the 6.0? I ripped mine off the other day.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Nice info is the heater the same between the 7.3 an the 6.0? I ripped mine off the other day.
No, the cords are different too. If you follow the link I originally posted, there is 7.3 cords there too. They're more money though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts