Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all,

As those in the Midwest know, it's still cold. Yesterday afternoon I plugged my 6.0 stroke in only to pop the breaker immediately on the circuit that it was plugged into. Troubleshooting, I unplugged all other items only to keep tripping the breaker. This is the same circuit that I have been using since winter began. The problem lies with the truck. Yesterday we had some thawing and continual rain throughout the day, so thinking that water had gotten into the plug assy, as it is acting like a wire is stripped and grounding to the body I left it unplugged through the night, fought it this morning, and let it idle for about 40 minutes to warm up the front of the truck. Still no luck.

I am not sure if the heater itself has failed...I would think it would act as an "open" if it failed, otherwise, I am trying to find a picture of the location of the wiring harness and the heater itself, as well as a schematic of the circuit. Any help is greatly appreciated.

This is my first diesel, so I am still learning about it.

Thank you to everybody.

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
Did you try it on a different circuit? Does the one you were using have a GFCI breaker?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I did try it on a different circuit...same results. Yes, the original circuit was GFCI. I noticed that there is a 115v pigtail on the truck circuit. I disconnected it, took it in the house to dry it out, reinstalled and the same results. Wondering if this pigtail has failed internally... Not sure, didn't have a multimeter available to check it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts