Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the title says. was pulling away from a light 2 nights ago and felt a little pop. lost boast and babied her home. towed to dealer yesterday and they said the impeller was ripped to shreds. first one they've seen. gotta love it

·
The new dude
195 Posts
I assume you were tuned? If so what mods?

·
"Miss me yet" George Bush
317 Posts
how many miles, won't the broken fins find their way to the cylinders?

·
Registered
284 Posts
no.. they typically get stuck in the CAC.... although the dealer probably WON'T pull the CAC... they are almost impossible to clean out and usually require replacing..

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
28,xxx miles. when it blew, i was just picking up some pizza. I do tow around 16,xxx lbs at least once a week so im thinking it got damaged while towing and was just a matter of time before it went. I dont think it should've obviously, but thats my theory

·
The new dude
195 Posts
This is starting to become more common. Even on stock trucks it is sounding like. If the compressor side was damaged then CAC should be replaced. I haven't seen pics of these turbos when they fail but the older ones usually snap the shaft and the turbine side is what takes the damage.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I asked them to take pictures so I'll post them once i get em. i've always had tuners and other performance related parts on all my old trucks. I figured Id try to leave this one alone so i wouldnt have any problems. lol damned if you do damned if you dont

·
Registered
252 Posts
You know the last time I was up at about 9,000 feet with the truck the turbo really complained. I imagine it was working overtime, I wasn't sure it would keep up and with 25,000 on the clock I am less convinced that this turbo will last. I know Ford was looking for a quick' compact, durable package... So I will give them an "at-a-boy" for their ingenuity and effort, but we need a better bigger turbo that doesn't have to work itself to pieces to make the boost the truck requires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts