Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how in the heck do you do this. i'm looking at it and just cant seem to figure it out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Does slave cylinder not have bleed screw? If not remove cap from master cylinder first, disconnect slave cylinder from tranny take line off cylinder hold at about a 45 degree angle fill with fluid,put line back on cylinder and slowly push slave back in and place back on tranny replace cap and should be good

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no it doesnt have a bleed screw which has really thrown me off.

·
Registered
277 Posts
No bleed screw. The master/slave is sold as a pre-bled assembly from FORD. You can separate the assembly and gravity bleed the system but it's a PITA. Sent you the instructions on bleeding it as a system. Let us know if it works.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Early slave didn't have the bleeder. Here's my method (and I've done this a lot on the old 94 that used to crack early slaves). Unclip the slave from the bellhousing. Unhook the clutch master cylinder rod from the pedal linkage. Hang the slave so everything is going uphill. Cycl the slave slowly by hand about ten times. Rehook everything back up and you should be good. If you don't feel like spending the time under the truck, you can also remove the master, line and slave as a unit and do the samething on the bench and reinstall. Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts