Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently just did all new rear brakes minus shoes after letting them go for way longer than I should have.. got to the point where I wore through the rotor to the vents... (whoops) needles to say the pad fell out and broke the pistons in the caliper, fluid leaking like a civ. I put all new calipers, brackets, pads and rotors etc. and bled the brakes on all 4 corners and still have no pedal. I read the Haynes manual and it says there is air in the abs module and I need to take I to ford or another qualified shop so they can hook it up to their scan tool to open up the valves in the abs unit.. ford wants $100 just to bleed the system. does anyone know if I can crack the lines around the abs unit or do I absolutely need those valves to open? I'm having a hard time bringing myself to take the truck to ford for such a simple thing just because I don't have a scan tool complex enough to open up those valves..

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
You are going to have a hard time without a scan tool bleeding the abs unit. Are you sure your master cyl is still good?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea.. the pedal was good till I lost all that fluid. and the truck was running when the pedal originally went to the floor and abs kicked in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts