Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing... I think you have to put it all to stock first then swap it out then load the tunes?

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I don't think you can with a spartan tcm, and I don't wanna load a job1 calibration into the new tcm, my truck now thinks the spartan tcm is a job 2 so I'm wondering if it will flash or if I'm going to have to force a job 2 flash into it later,

·
Registered
692 Posts
When I had the SCT melt down my stock TCM I ordered a new TCM from Ford.

My truck wouldn't get back to stock because of the TCM so I still had the factory strategy in my crapwire.

When the new TCM arrived I simply hooked it up and grabbed my SCT and went and programmed it right back to stock. As long as the TCU number matches the stock one the stategy should program right in.

There are a couple different TCU numbers on them so if yours came with a TCU132 like mine did you'll need to replace it with a matching one.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I would upload a new tune, start it, kill it. Then reload the same tune again. I have switched these stupid ass TCM's too many times and had problems reflashing it. I noticed if I load the same tune twice it does the trick.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just as an update, I loaded a stock file on the tcm... No other choice, then used IDS to get the right file in the new tcm updated the pcm, gotta love strategy flash

·
Registered
173 Posts
sorry im new to all this and im just curious why wouldnt you go with a spartan tcm? Also if you put a job 2 or 3 tcm in there do you even need the spartan tcm?

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how you like the newer job TCM?
Shifted good so far, its snowing and i dont have 4wd so its kinda hard to tell, but it did feel different, in a good way.
sorry im new to all this and im just curious why wouldnt you go with a spartan tcm? Also if you put a job 2 or 3 tcm in there do you even need the spartan tcm?
I had a Spartan TCM in the truck before this, I donated my original stock TCM to a better cause, then i needed a stock tcm to try a livewire, chances are i will just stay with this tcm from now on...

·
Registered
173 Posts
[/QUOTE]I had a Spartan TCM in the truck before this, I donated my original stock TCM to a better cause, then i needed a stock tcm to try a livewire, chances are i will just stay with this tcm from now on... [/QUOTE]

so if you have a job 2 or 3 truck is a tuned tcm needed? and if i had a job 1 truck and put in a 2 or 3 tcm would it work fine? Or would it just be better in the long run to get a tuned tcm and stay with it? Sorry im asking so many questions ive learned alot from you guys about the performance aspect now im curious about trans.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you have job1 truck, it probably wouldnt hurt to upgrade to a job 2 or 3 tcm, but you will have 450 bucks in the TCM and then another hour labor to flash it somwhere, so you will have 550-600 in a stockish TCM another 100 bucks gets you the spartan TCM and then you dont have to deal with a dealer trip ect.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts