Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Blackstone UOA with high levels of aluminum on 6.4L... HELP!

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  jbwaldrop88 
#1 ·
Okay, so I finally had a chance to do the EGR delete and get an oil analysis on the truck. I have had this truck for less than 6 months and there are no symptoms that are alarming at the moment.

While I was happy to see that there was no coolant in the oil (had a problem with coolant loss that was resolved with new coolant hoses), I am very sad to report high levels of aluminum in the sample. Does anyone have any thoughts on what might cause this? Would the EGR delete help to bring the levels back down? What items are aluminum in these 6.4L? I don't know what kind of oil was used during the last oil change since it was done by the previous owner. When I changed the oil, I used Shell Rotella T6. I don't know if that will help with the wear or not. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I'll try to post a better copy layer today.

Truck has 115xxx miles on it. I just picked it up with 111xxx miles and have been going through and swapping out all of the filters and fluids.

Truck has EGR and DPF delete. The EGR was deleted after the sample was taken.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

#6 ·
To my knowledge, which is limited on the 6.4,the egr eats up the oil which in turn doesn't lube the top end as well causing the rockers to wear, however since you don't know the brand of oil or how long the PO ran his oci, I would wait before getting too worried and send in a a new sample for uoa after an oci or two and see where you sit then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.