Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got up to NC this past weekend for Southern Smoke Show and dragged the black truck out with us to run at Farmington Dragway. Since this was my first run on an 1/8 mile track, not to mention the first run with the slicks and only the second run on the truck, I wasn't really sure what to expect. The runs we did at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, GA had put my 1/8 mile times in the 9.113 at 79.10 MPH, but that was on street tires with an open diff. so I was at least hoping to break 9.0 seconds. Well, I couldn't have been more please when I popped off a first run at 8.578 @ 80.533 MPH and then followed it up with an 8.471 @ 80.230 MPH. Not too shabby for a 285,000 mile beater truck. :D

Now I can't wait to get it back out on the 1/4 mile track and see what it does. Preliminary guess-timates would hopefully put me in the 13.3 @ 101 MPH area, but we'll have to see. Heck, just the improvement in my 60' times from 2.298 to 1.762 will account for 0.5 seconds alone, but we also shed nearly 200 Lbs between lighter wheels, removing the bed mat, and removing the tailgate. Plus I kept the fuel weight as low as possible with just over an 1/8 of a tank of fuel. Unfortunately, I can't run at all during the next 3 weeks and the suspense is killing me! :doh:

Anyway, here's a bye run we did in the middle of the afternoon during eliminations. Ran 8.603 @ 77.252 MPH. The track was getting dirty and was having progressively more difficulty hooking up as the afternoon went on.

Don't get me wrong... I still love my 7.3L. However, I'm continually impressed but what the little 6.0L is capable of. Now to see what I can add next. :D

·
Im stroke-less
291 Posts
:ford:

·
Caterpillar Tech.
117 Posts
nice....whats the spec on the truck?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
what's all done to the truck? Last time i was at the track was back in 2006 when i had just intake, exhaust, and was running the edge juice....ran a 8.91. Now i have an SCT, tuned FICM, intercooler, fuel system, 64mm turbo, and 190cc injectors...so i hope i can get it down from that 8.91 to a low 8. Congrats on some nice times.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice....whats the spec on the truck?
Truck: 2004 with late style motor. (ICP in passenger V/C.)
Stock: Engine, Injectors, Turbo and Exhaust.
Modifications: Studs, Gaskets, EGR Delete, and ECM/FICM tuning.

Also, here's a closer video of a launch. Tires weren't warm and the staging lanes aren't the best place to hook, but you get the idea. :D

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what's all done to the truck? Last time i was at the track was back in 2006 when i had just intake, exhaust, and was running the edge juice....ran a 8.91. Now i have an SCT, tuned FICM, intercooler, fuel system, 64mm turbo, and 190cc injectors...so i hope i can get it down from that 8.91 to a low 8. Congrats on some nice times.
With 190cc injectors and modified turbo, I'd certainly expect you to hit very low 8's. Also, from what I've seen, 8.91 for an otherwise stock truck with a tune is very respectable. :D

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
very nice times for what little is done to the truck. Wow, stock exhaust. What does the truck weight? Seeing as it's a regular cab, i'm guessing somewhere around 6800#

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't scaled it yet, but I'm thinking closer to 6600#, or at least 6800# with my fat butt in it. ;) Got the Diamond Eye box in today, so now it's time to beef that up. I'm thinking Water/Meth next. That'll put me about 470-480 HP and I'm hoping to at least tap the 12's at that point. One thing at a time, though. Budgets really suck!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I haven't scaled it yet, but I'm thinking closer to 6600#, or at least 6800# with my fat butt in it. ;) Got the Diamond Eye box in today, so now it's time to beef that up. I'm thinking Water/Meth next. That'll put me about 470-480 HP and I'm hoping to at least tap the 12's at that point. One thing at a time, though. Budgets really suck!
i have 03 6.0 swd sclb at and weighed in at 6100 with chrome toolbox and me and my buddy in it with 31 mud tires on steel rims

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
i have 03 6.0 swd sclb at and weighed in at 6100 with chrome toolbox and me and my buddy in it with 31 mud tires on steel rims
you might wanna go some place else to weight your truck...that weight is waaay off. If he figures his regular cab long box weights 6600, how can your extended cab long box with a passanger and toolbox weight 500lbs less...not right. My extended cab short box was weighted at a certified scale and weighed in at 7240# with a 1/4 tank of fuel. Everyone i've talked to that has a extended cab short box has told me that their truck weighs roughly the same as mine. So, seeing as you have the same cab configuration as me, but a long box...you should actually weight a little more than me....not a 1000lbs less.

·
Registered
293 Posts
you might wanna go some place else to weight your truck...that weight is waaay off. If he figures his regular cab long box weights 6600, how can your extended cab long box with a passanger and toolbox weight 500lbs less...not right. My extended cab short box was weighted at a certified scale and weighed in at 7240# with a 1/4 tank of fuel. Everyone i've talked to that has a extended cab short box has told me that their truck weighs roughly the same as mine. So, seeing as you have the same cab configuration as me, but a long box...you should actually weight a little more than me....not a 1000lbs less.
My crewcab weighed 7400 with a 1/4 tank and me in it on certified CAT scale.
Ran a 8.72 in the 1/8th with a 1.83 60' on just a tuner and exhaust.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any traction aids? Other than slicks of course.
At the moment, no. Just the slicks. Need to put traction bars on to prevent the left side axle wrap I'm getting. Got a 4-link in mind next year, but will be replacing the whole axle with something a little more sturdy at that point.

It was cool running against 4WD Duramaxes that were dialing in the low 9's. :ford:

My crewcab weighed 7400 with a 1/4 tank and me in it on certified CAT scale.
Ran a 8.72 in the 1/8th with a 1.83 60' on just a tuner and exhaust.
That's a very nice run for 7400 Lbs. :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
oh my bad i meant single cab long bed sclb wasnt thinking it meant super cab :doh: so yeah my reg can lb weight in 6000 its a work truck if that makes any diffrence

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
haha no prob. Usually sclb mean supercab long box, and rclb means regular cab long box

1 - 20 of 21 Posts